Sunday, August 29, 2010

our weekend

I had been looking forward to my cousin Nicole's wedding all summer.  We never see the Caryl family enough.  Unfortunately Marshall was gone (surprise) so it was just us three.  Even though I miss Marshall I thought that it would be no big deal to travel over night without him.  Wrong.  I was late getting out of town.  And after arriving at the hotel I realized that it was not handicap/wheelchair friendly (accessible, yes.  friendly, no.)  Which means it is really hard to get through the door with two carseats and luggage.  What a cluster.  The hotel clerk sat there and watched me struggle with the doors.  Needless to say the babies are no help at all.  Then I lost the luggage cart and had to chase after it.  Thank goodness for that family of ours that we never see often enough.  Uncle Dick came along right in time.  All I needed was someone to open the doors.  He did.  Then he pushed the luggage to our hotel room and Aunt Patti stayed with the kids so I could go and park the car.  (big sigh)  I was completely unprepared for the move from car to room.  But it doesn't stop there.  Esther heard of our comedy show and sent Hannah over to help.  She fed the babies and even changed a poopy diaper.  Thank you! ... in case your wondering... we were late for the family pictures.  But arrived well before the ceremony began.         
This is us later in the evening.  Our little family picture.  The three of us.  Missing Marshall.  And of course it wouldn't be realistic if both babies were happily looking at the camera.  
Hannah and Vivian.  Two beautiful cousins.  I forgot the babies jackets so Hannah is keeping Vivi warm.  
Grandma Debie makes Rolli laugh so much!  He just loves her!


Grandpa Rollin and Rolli.  I'm glad that those two were able to hang out for a bit.


Sunday morning.  Hannah and Rachel.  Love having these girls around.  

The wedding was wonderful.  We have a loving, beautiful family.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my you are brave! Glad your family came just in time to help! I bet Hannah and Rachel are a huge help! I keep trying to get some of my cousins kids to come live with me for the summer as they are so much help with the kids! Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos. It was so good to see you 3. Hannah wants to know how soon she will get to babysit! She just loves helping with her cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures!!! dad already printed them for me!!! We had such fun...it was sooooo good to see you and the twins....miss Marshall! Just can't get enought kisses in!!!!

    ReplyDelete