Thursday, September 9, 2010

melons

Even after all the neglect that the garden has been through it still produces.  These delicious looking melons are 'Sweet Passion'.  Mmmm!  They just fall off the vine when they are ripe.  Oh' so tasty.  I'm still waiting for the 'Honeymoon' honey dew to ripen up.  The melon vines look awful.  Scraggly and out of control.  Basically the garden in general looks awful.  But I've still been harvesting a hearty crop.  Plus we've been getting lots of peaches from Marshall's grandparents.  I've been busy preserving everything.  Canning, freezing, and drying.  We should be eating good this winter.  And the babies are going to have plenty of yummy baby food!








*FYI our camera batteries died and I haven't replaced them yet.  Once I do I'll have several new pictures to post :)  

2 comments:

  1. You're so lucky, our melons didn't even come up. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds so good!!! sometimes gardens & yards (ours) grow crazy when left alone!!! waiting for the pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete