Tuesday, May 3, 2011

more Saddle Rock!

Who can resist Saddle Rock on a sunny morning?
Apparently the whole 5th grade population couldn't!  It was their annual science field trip up Saddle Rock today.  I found that out after parking at the trail head.  But no worries!  Those busy little students kept to their studies and we just hiked right on by.
Thanks to the 5th graders we enjoyed an educational hike this morning.

These little 'fact breaks' were all along the trail (along with a few port-a-potites).

At the top!  
Today was the first time that I'd actually hiked all the way up Saddle Rock with BOTH babies!  To celebrate I asked another hiker to snap this photo of us.

Self portrait of us three.

Enjoying the view and resting my legs a bit.

Bella always makes it to the top.  And I always snap a photo of her anyways.  
No big deal.

As soon as we got back to the car Vivian devoured her snack and passed out.  
Like she was the one that did all of the work.  Sheeeesh!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! You are wonder mom! Hiking with BOTH????? I'm glad you got a picture of it! Maybe you need to invent a baby pack for Bella! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to hike Saddlerock with rocks in my pack. So much more fun with two sweetie peas. A good balancing of weight, also! The picture of Vivian zonked out is hilarious! Wish I were there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to plan a time when the girls and I can come visit and you can take us all on the hike. I have never been, but I have photos of Hannah and Rachel both up there with you....

    ReplyDelete