Sunday, April 3, 2011

Reduce Your Use contest ends

http://www.chelanpud.org/reduce-your-use.html

Results are in from the Reduce Your Use contest!  No, we did not win.  We didn't even place :(  Of course I really, really wanted to win.  You might remember that I hand strung up a clothes line upstairs so that I could line dry our clothes rather than use the dryer.  In reality I was too busy to use the clothes line consistently and even if I had we probably still wouldn't have placed.
Over the 3 months we saw a 17% decrease in our energy usage!  That pretty impressive (but not first place impressive) if you consider the fact that our usage was being compared to the previous years when we didn't have the babies.  I kept our thermostat set higher and we did tons more laundry and dishes this year.  Which means that if we hadn't done anything to reduce our energy usage we would have seen an increase instead.  Wow!  Plus our home is more comfortable now.  Yes, we are satisfied with the results!

I tried to put a link here to the PUD's webpage but couldn't figure it out.  So you can copy and paste the address at the top to view the official results.

No comments:

Post a Comment