Thursday, May 16, 2013

Horse Lake Reserve

On Sunday we hiked the Horse Lake Reserve trails.
This is 1 of the 5 hikes in the challenge.
The 2nd hike for us.
Bella, me, Vivian and Rollin.
Starting out on the trail.

Vivian and me.
Once again Viv is demonstrating her 'hiking' style.
This is her
 "Mom just made me hike on my own legs for 5 mins before I could get in the backpack." 
look.

Rolli, leading the way, and Marshall.

"What is that I hear?"
We could hear lots of crickets all over.

Vivian, aka "hiking Princess."
Still riding in the backpack, now eating grapes.
Me still smiling, enjoying the fresh air and exercise.

Rolli still hiking out front.

A fuzzy caterpillar.
We stopped to look, listen, feel or kick everything.
Including a bull snake and asparagus.

Still in the backpack.
Now she's sleeping like she's the one who has been doing the hiking.
At least I didn't let her wear her princess dress like she had wanted.

Daddy and Rollin.
Enjoying our little picnic lunch after the long hike.

Me and Viv.
Sandwich kiss.
She loves me... for always letting her be a princess one way or another.

Exploring a little more after our energizing lunch.

Vivian, Rolli and Marshall.
The view point.

This kid has got energy, strength and coordination!

Hiking hide-and-seek.


Daddy and Vivian hiding.

Rolli and Vivian hiding while Mommy and Daddy seek ;)


At the end of it all...
Viv is letting me know how she really feels about this hiking challenge.
I think the real challenge is motivating Vivian's cute, little, independent legs.

Either way, each kid now has 2 stickers on their card.
Three more hikes to go!

1 comment:

  1. Just precious.....GREAT pictures...love the one of Marshall and Rollin eating...yes, Hannah, Vivian is just a little princess....and we all let her be ♥ These are so cute ....thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete