Saturday, July 28, 2012

breakfast "pops"

*excuse the blurry pictures.  Not only is our camera lens scratched but it is now basically out of service.*
A new camera is definitely at the top of my shopping list!

Rolli and Vivian are straight-up TWO.
Gggrrrrrr!
There is nothing worse than starting the morning with two 2-years-olds who know what they want for breakfast and are half-way into the freezer after it.
"Moaaam, pop"
Why did I every introduce popsicles?!
"No.  You may not have a popsicle for breakfast."
...then the tantrum ensues. 

Problem solved!
I purchased 8 super cute popsicle molds.
Then I blend up a yummy mixture of fruit, yogurt, coconut water 
and maybe even a few carrots with fresh ginger and local honey.
Fill the molds, freeze overnight.

In the morning Rolli can help himself to a 'pop' or even two.
No tantrum necessary.
Aaaaahh, now that is the kind of morning I like.

Miss Morning-Sunshine-Bed-Head is agreeable to the popsicle arrangement too :)

A good healthy breakfast cancels out the guilt of a frozen, processed dinner.
Like this one...

Clearly, this corn dog eaten' kid had a good day.

"Bite, Mom.  Bite?"

Now I know what's for breakfast!
But what's for dinner tonight?...

1 comment:

  1. AHHH!!! They are so cute...and what a good problem solver you are....I would need 100 molds at my house when all the kids are here! They went through MANY popcycles ..... Such cute pictures Hannah ♥ This grandma sure misses you all ♥ Blessings on your precious family ♥

    ReplyDelete