Friday, July 8, 2011

Grandma's dress

It's been almost two years since my Grandma Ruth passed away.
I think about her often.  Especially since my first born were twins, just like hers.
I would visit Grandma several times a year.  
They were usually short visits and I rarely stayed the night.
I always took some sort of needlework to keep my hands busy while we chatted.
It's probably fitting that I was the one to finish knitting a dress that she had started.
The pattern was out of a 1980's knitting magazine.
I'm guessing that Grandma had intended the dress for my cousin Cassie.
Grandma had knitted the front and started the back.  
I finished the back, knitted the sleeves, and did the finishing work.
It was completed last summer.
Vivian wore it today for the first time.

(it's really hard to take pictures of a busy toddler)

Vivian like wearing the dress so I let her wear it the rest of the day.

I'm pretty sure that it is a christening dress.
Lacy and long.

She loves exploring in the yard and the dress was just perfect for a chilly evening.




Out in the garden I stuck a bean leaf on Vivian.
Silly!



No comments:

Post a Comment