Sunday, April 26, 2015

Karate in the Parade!

After 5 years of only watching the Apple Blossom Parades 
Rollin became a participant this year!
Ki Fighting Concepts
invited all it's students to represent their karate school in the youth parade.
Rolli was super excited to march as a Karate Kid
Colter and Vivian
walked behind the students with water, juice, snacks, balloons and the occasional cheer.

Our very own Karate Kid waiting for the parade to start.
This is the only time I caught Rollin sitting still.
Mostly Rolli and his buddy where 'practicing' their moves.

Follow this link to see a picture of the Ki Dragon that lead our group along the route.
-Wenatchee World Youth Parade photo gallery
(I was busy corralling wondering Karate Minnies at the back of the line 
so I didn't get any pictures of the front of the group)

All along the parade route the kids followed their Sensei's drill instructions.
Jumping jacks.
Rolli is this blonde kid in the back with a plain black shirt.

Notice the straight lines.
I was so proud of my young man and his classmates :)

Jab with a cross jab.
I think this is Rolli's favorite karate drill ;)
Vivian did an awesome job pushing Colter's stroller while I helped line out the kiddos.

Push-ups.
Lots of push-ups!
I counted about 30 push-ups along the whole parade route.
That's a whole bunch for a 5 year old!

Good thing all the kids where rewarded with the traditional ice cream sandwich at the end!

Bonus for us:
Daddy came home late Friday night so he was able to drop us off and pick us up!




No comments:

Post a Comment