Friday, October 4, 2013

Down by the river...

During our short camping extravaganza 
Rolli and Vivian couldn't resist playing at the river's edge.
This made me quiet nervous.
But the dangers of a freezing, fast moving river didn't even faze those two.
Vivian and Rolli.
It really was beautiful.
I can understand why they wanted to play and climb right here.

I had to share this picture.
Because of the look that Rolli is giving Vivian.
Viv had declared that they where playing "mom and dad."
I don't think that Rolli agreed with the 'bossing' that makes up Vivian's role.

Rolli could have sat for hours throwing sticks in the water 
and watching them travel downstream.

Another picture I had to share...
This is what Vivian looks like when she plays "mom."
The orders and instructions just flow out of her mouth at a high volume.
Not sure how I feel about her portrayal of a mother... 

This kid!
I'm thankful for his balance, coordination and strength.
Because he jumped from one rock to the next without hesitation,
without thinking of the possibility of slipping.
When I warned him how dangerous playing near the water can be
he just confidently said,
"Mom, I won't fall in."
And he didn't even want me to be too close,
just in case I had to catch him.
0% fear.  100% action.

Despite the water hazard...
I enjoyed watching my two imaginative toddlers play and explore together.


No comments:

Post a Comment