Friday, August 17, 2012

8 mile (kinda)

This weather is PERFECT for being out doors... especially out in the woods.
Rolli, Vivian and me decided to go on a short notice hike with Becky up the 8 Mile trail.
We packed some snacks and loaded Bella into the car (only 30 minutes behind schedule)
I think we where all excited to get out!

After driving an hour to the trail head I realized that I needed a wilderness pass
and there was an obvious "no dogs" sign too.
Of course I didn't have the pass and Bella was already whining to get out.
Aaargh!  We couldn't turn back before we even started?!
Luckily we saw an old, closed road off to the side... dogs allowed.
And I'd rather pay the ticket for no pass than drive back home without a hike.

Becky and Rolli.
Both are happy with our not quite 8 Mile trail.

Vivian and Me.
Thankful for fresh air and a hot sun.

Bella.
Laying in the little, tiny, hidden creek.
Trying to cool off from all her running around sniffing and exploring.

Packing their own weight.

Rolli and Bella in the lead.
"C'mon!  Run!  This way!"

There will always be rocks to climb in Rolli's world.

And pictures to pose for in Vivian's world.

"Road Closed"
Open to Becky, Hannah, Rollli, Vivian and Bella :)


Before leaving we had to at least take a peek at 8 Mile Creek.


Then I thought it would be fun to end our day with a backyard camp out.
Me, Rolli and Vivian sleeping in the tent.

We love this weather!




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post. So happy for you to get out and enjoy the beauty of our surroundings. I see "Hugs" made it to the campout, also.

    ReplyDelete