Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thankful for the Ewing farm!

We sure enjoyed our mini Thanksgiving vacation to Oregon last week!
I definitely have tons to be thankful for.
I'm thankful that our children were nearly angels for the 8 hour drive!
I'm thankful to my sister and her family for hosting us!
I'm thankful for cool, clear weather during the Turkey Trot!
I'm thankful for friends who open their home to us and our busy toddlers!
I'm thankful to happy strangers who point us in the right direction!
I'm thankful for a loving family who helps keep my kiddos busy, feed, happy, and safe!
I'm thankful for our time together!
...I could keep going but let me get on about the Ewing (and Linda) farm.
Rolli and Vivian were in heaven!
Rolli loose in the barn!

The little guy doing chores before riding horses.
He really didn't do any chores but I remember having to help dig up thistles before being allowed to ride.  It takes lots of work to maintain all of this.

Fancy Face saying "hello", getting a neck scratch and nibbling a bite of grain. 

Vivian and Rolli's first pony ride on Dusty!

Yeehaw!  Giddy-up Dusty!

Click on the link to see a short clip of the twins' first horse ride.
In the video you can hear the helicopter working at the Christmas Tree farm next door.

The kids took turns riding Dusty with me.
I think Rolli wanted to go faster and Vivian was ready to start doing tricks.
We'll be back for more!


Rolli, Rachel, and Vivian with the chickens.
Who wants eggs for breakfast?

Aunt Esther showing Vivian one of the chickens.

Vivian, Daddy, and Rolli.

Rachel and Vivian walking off Thanksgiving dinner.

So many acres to explore!
And of course there were lots of mud puddles.
Click on the link to watch Rolli and Viv splashing around.

And I'm thankful for a safe (and shorter) drive back to Washington!

1 comment: