Friday, December 17, 2010

the Greats!

Marshall, Rollin, Vivian, and me made the looooong (6+ hours) drive to visit my grandparents in Newberg, Oregon.  Grandpa Wally calls themselves the "Greats".  We stayed two nights.  The babies tore the house up and acted like cheese-balls for their Great Grandparents.  Grandma Pat cried when we left Thursday morning, I couldn't look at her or I would have cried too.  She said (with tears in her eyes) "just know that you made two old people very happy!".  I told Marshall that Grandma would probably talk about our visit for the next year... then I talked about it the whole way home and realized that I would be the one talking about our visit for the next year!  Enjoy the pictures!



















Great Grandpa Wally and Rollin
Great Grandma Pat and Vivian
(Louie is off to the side.  He got moved down a notch while we were there.  Poor dog)

Grandpa brought the laundry basket to the living room after he found out how much the twins like to play with overturned laundry baskets.

Grandma Pat has so many VHS movies (one of the few people that still have VHS).
She just laughed as Rolli and Vivi took them all off the shelf, I put them all back, they took them all off again, I put them....

Great Grandma Pat and Rollin.
Love at first sight!

Great Grandma Pat and Vivian.
listening to Grandma tell her how she can't get into trouble at her house.

the twins meet Santa!
(Grandpa won this Santa years ago and they are now using it instead of a tree)

Rolli really liked Santa!  (Vivian wasn't that interested)

at little piece of baby heaven :)

on our way home... exhausted from talking non-stop to Grandpa Wally

on our way home... exhausted after exploring nearly every inch of Grandma's house and pulling most of Louie's hair out.

Before we left on Thursday morning Darlene and Jose (family friends) stopped by for a short visit.  They gave the twins hand-made sock monkeys.
I'll say it again...
Our trip to Oregon was wonderful!  Thanks to Marshall for driving, Esther for the dinners, Uncle Dean and Lene for lunch, Grandpa for the coffee, Grandma for the laughter, and everyone for the good company!  

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! I can tell my mom and dad had such a good time!!! The twins are soooooo cute and so happy♥ I bet Louie dog was the only one happy to see them go!!! Thank you for taking the looooong trip down to share my grandbabies with my family♥ These pictures are truly worth a 1,000 words! Their little faces say it all♥ You two, Marshall and Hannah, are indeed very Blessed! Missing you and Loving you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and the sock monkeys are ardorable!

    ReplyDelete